Tuesday 17 January 2012

A busy start to the week

Hello,

Well, what a start to the week. I was rushing round on Sunday night to find some small boxes for my daughter to take to school. She has to make an inuksuk! Most of our cardboard goes straight in the recycling bin so I ended up having to empty things out of their boxes. My cupboard is a right mess. Then after all that she decided to come down with a horrible cold and hasn't been to school!
Anyway while she was chilling out watching Cinderella today I managed to make a quick card. She did help me choose the paper and colours. . . so it's pink!

I used a Penny Black slapstick stamp - 'Hedgehog kisses', and used promarkers to colour them in. Emma was adamant that the balloons had to be pink! The background paper is from Nit Wits - Val 'n' tine collection. These are really pretty pink papers so it's really hard to choose one - I love all of them, and think they will appear on quite a few of my cards!
I've added some mulberry paper flowers down the side of the image. I haven't used these before, but after seeing cards done by other people, I just had to have a go!

I think the flowers are so pretty - it's going to cost me a fortune as I'll have to get them in different colours! They are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I've used white sweetheart blossom flowers, 2 tone mulberry open roses 25mm, and floral foundations pink roses 15mm set B. Finally I covered the balloons with glossy accents (the photo doesn't really show it up) and added a couple of gems.



Until next time - Have a good week
Lorraine x

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, typical - kids hey! A beautiful card Lorraine. You have a lovely neat style.
xx

brenda said...

Just adorable Lorraine. Your image is coloured so delicately and the pink DP's and flowers all work together beautifully.

Thank you so much for joining in with our Love and Hearts theme at Penny Black and More this month, good luck and I hope you will join us again next month.

B x

Tracy said...

A cute and Pretty creation. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Louise said...

Beautiful card and I love the pink,thanks for joining us this month at Penny Black and more.
Hugs louise xx

Mervi said...

So beautiful card with striking colours!
Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More, good luck;-))m

Pauline C said...

beautiful card lorraine - fab image, love your papers and those flowers are beautifully laid out if it is your first time. Bad news though ... yep it does cost a fortune in flowers once you get into it lol!! Thanks for joining in this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge
Pauline x

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card lorraine...love that daisy paper...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Cynthia said...

Lorraine your card is so sweet, you have just go the right balance with your flowers too!.
Cheers
Cynthia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...