Saturday 17 March 2012

For My Mum!

Hello everyone,

I'm really sorry I haven't been around to visit you this week, but my Dad had a massive stroke in the early hours of Wednesday morning. I've spent the last few days at the hospital with my Mum, he's very poorly. They come as a pair and she just doesn't know what to do. It's only 8 weeks since we lost my Nana (Dads mum). This was really a blessing as she was 102 years old and in alot of pain but. . .what a year so far!

Anyway sorry for babbling on, I couldn't sleep last night so I got up and made a couple of cards. It really did help me feel a bit calmer just not sure they're any good!!


I know I've used this image on a few of my cards already but it's my mums favourite and I wanted to make her a nice card for tomorrow. She doesn't like things overly fussy so was a bit worried about the ribbon but I think she'll like it. The butterfly background paper is from a 'Pepper & Friends' collection.


I've coloured her up with promarkers and added some glitter on the wings.  I've finished off with the usual joy!crafts die flowers and a bit of ribbon.

I was hoping to go to the GNPE at Harrogate today, but it's the hospital instead. So if you are there have a great day. I'll save my pennies for the next one!

Lillies Little Fairies - Fairies & butterflies
LOTV - Mum or Pink


Thanks for taking the time to stop by and I promise to visit you all soon.
Lorraine x

8 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Sorry to hear about yor dad Lorraine hope he feels better soon.
Lovely card and gorgeous colours

Anne

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Lorraine. Sorry to hear about your dad. Take care Sue x

thecraftycavalier said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine! One of my fave images. The colours are just beautiul. Sorry to hear about your dad - best wishes to him! Sorry you couldn't make Harroagte; it would have been lovely to meet up and have a gossip! Hope our paths cross at the next one. Hugs, Jayne x

Anonymous said...

Oh Lorraine, I'm so very sorry to hear about your Dad - sending get well wishes to him.

It's amazing how making cards can help us through such difficult times. This card is really beautiful and I'm sure your mum will love it.

Congrats on your DT position too - so well deserved!!

Will be thinking about you,
Big hugs,
xxx

Kazdaz said...

Lorraine I'm so sorry about your Dad, Thinking of you.
Your mum will love the card.
Karen

Kim Dibben said...

Hi Lorraine, so sorry to hear about your dad, hope he is feeling better soon.
Your card is beautiful, one of my favourite images, love the colours.
Hugs Kim xx

Elise said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love this image and you've coloured her so beautifully! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad .. I hope he gets well soon. Thank you so much for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies, we love seeing you!

Hugs,
Elise

Carol Willis said...

Hi Lorraine
I've just found your blog on my travels around blogland and have become a follower. Your cards are gorgeous and I'm sure your mum will love this one. I'm sorry to hear about your dad and hope he gets better very soon.
Hugs
Caz x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...