Saturday 30 June 2012

Lazy Days

Hello Everyone, 
What a morning!! As you know I usually get a couple of hours to craft on a Saturday morning. The kids tend to play nice and quiet, glad not to be at school! But today they've been trying to kill each other, and have driven me completely potty in the process!!
I've used a rubber stamp called 'Lazy Days' for today's card and coloured him with my promarkers. The background papers are a mix of Brenda Pinnick and Craft Creations.  I've used spellbinders edgeability dies for the borders and added some ribbon from my stash.
Well, the metal was a bit of a problem. I had a set of 'metal accessories' by Papermania (they were suede flowers) but the colours didn't go. So I took the metal centre of the flowers apart and added them to my own die cuts!! I also added a little metal dragonfly that I found in the bottom of my drawer!
Well, hubby is on nights so in bed trying to sleep, the sky is full of black clouds and it keeps raining and the kids are driving me nuts!! Now I really need to get some housework done, and school uniforms washed and ironed!! 


I'd like to enter the following challenges:-
Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Hot Metal
J & C Creations - Animal Antics
Charizma Cardz - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - 3 Different Embellishments


Thanks for taking the time to stop by today and for all your comments. I'll be round to visit you later if the kids haven't finished me off!!
Lorraine x

33 comments:

Denise said...

This is adorable. Love the lilac and those pretty flower centres.
Hugs
Denise xx

Marilyn said...

Two of my favourite things combined into one card... love Penny Black images and purple, purple, purple!
Such pretty papers and I like the little hedgie 'sitting in the shade'!

Unknown said...

Ahh....and relax , wow what a fab card well done Hugs Elaine

KandA said...

Hi Lorraine. Oh the joys of being a mother!! Still you do miss it when they've grown & left home (honestly!!) The card is gorgous and I love the little dragonfly xx

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine, that image is adorable! I love the purples as well, and those flowers and the dragonfly are beautiful :)

Tags xx

Doreen said...

This is fabulous Lorraine,love the image....great colours.xxx

Loving My Crafts said...

Such a beautiful card Lorraine.

Squirrel x said...

Hunny, this is sooooo delightful! I absolutely adore the soft colours, gorgeous image and pretty detail, simply perfect m'love. Hope the kids settle down soon! Hugs Sxx

Berit said...

What a lovely card Lorraine, gorgeous colouring and great design.
Hugs Berit

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Lorraine, must dig that stamp out myself! Sue x

Wishcraft said...

Oh so pretty! Love the lilac shades and super sweet image :o)

My boys are exactly the same - they can squabble over anything, drives me mad! Hugs, Lisa x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Well you have still managed to make a stunning card Lorraine with or without the kids! It won't be long before they've all grown and left home then you would love to have it back to this for just a while!! xx

Sarah said...

This card is so cute Lorraine! I love lilac!

Sarah x

Stamps and Paper said...

Such an adorable card Lorainne lovely colours and a super cute image

Anne

Little K Smith said...

Aaaww this is gorgeous Lorraine, adore the hedgie and lovely pretty colours as always too!
Hope your day got better and you're still with us hun ;D
Kelly.x

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine. Remember those days well. Enjoy. Carolxx

Bubbles said...

Really lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Karen M said...

I love this cute card - wish that was me in the deck chair:) Hugs x x

Carol Willis said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine. Love the image and layout.
Hugs
Caz x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

oh Lorraine nobody does lilac as lovely as you, perfectly gorgeous card. janex

coops said...

gorgeous card lorraine.youe lilac colours are really pretty and i love the sweet hedgie :D

xx coops xx

Jane said...

Ah that hedgy looks so chilled!!! Great card.
Hugs
Jane

Eileen said...

You do love your purple :) and it works so well with this image. Beautifully coloured as always and just soooooooooo cute. It's great.
Love that dragonfly
Eileen x

NGCARDS said...

A very pretty creation hun! Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge over at Charisma Cardz! xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Adorable! Love this hun, glorious image and colouring and beautiful papers and metal embellies! :)

I'm having similar problems with my new puppy, the other two wont play with him so he hangs off their ears!! lol! ;)


hugs

xxalisonxx

Claudia said...

Hi Lorraine, beautiful and fantastic. Love the flowers and the colours.
Hugs Claudia

Deborah said...

Fab card Lorraine - I love the colours you have used. It's hard to choose a favourite PB image, but this has to be one of my favourites.

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card lorraine...hope the kids have survived their trying to kill each other session..thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Whisper said...

What a gorgeous colour, i'm loving the layout and all the extras, Luv Sam x

Whisper said...

Am loving the colour and all the extras too, Luv Sam x

Leah l'Orange said...

SO cute! gorgeous colour palette (i'm pretty much TERRIFIED of purple, especially lighter shades!), and this image really speaks to me, as i'd love to be doing exactly that! :) thanks for sharing your cute creation with the Charisma Galz! xo

Linda said...

Such a cute card, love the pastel shades and the little dragonfly is adorable! xx

Sue uk said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with the J & C Challenge - sue DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...